Dear Jazz Band Parents and Students, please sign up to join Remind. Remind is a website that Mrs. Slade will use to communicate with parents and students. It does not share phone numbers or email addresses, not even with the teacher. Many teachers use it as a communicate tool and have had much success with it! It only takes 10 seconds to subscribe! You can unsubscribe at anytime.
We are so excited you are interested in auditioning for the Wendell Middle School Jazz Band. The band is meeting DURING the school day in “CIA” time. The only afterschool rehearsals will be the dress rehearsals before concerts or other rare additional rehearsals if deemed necessary by the director. We are very excited that those that may previously had obligations afterschool now have the opportunity to be a part of this great ensemble.
The instruments needed are as follows:
Percussion (Drum set and Auxilary)
Because there are limited spots, we are requiring that students audition in order to participate in this ensemble.
AUDITIONS ARE THE SECOND WEEK OF SCHOOL.
Students will sign-up for a time in class. If your child is auditioning after school, please plan to pick them up 15 minutes after their start time.
For the audition, the wind instruments will need to prepare:
1. Their Bb Scale (either swung or straight)
2. Their Bb Blues Scale (either swung or straight)
3. A piece/selection of their choosing. (If choosing from the method book, please play more than one exercise)
4. The student will also be asked to sight-read.
Percussionists will need to prepare:
1. Medium Swing: quarter note = 112
2. Shuffle: quarter note = 108-112
3. Bossa Nova/Latin: quarter note = 132
4. Funk/Rock: quarter note = 100
5. The student will also be asked to sight-read
You can find these patterns at:http://www.vicfirth.com/education/drumset/GrooveEssentials.php
Upcoming Jazz Band Dates: